Monday, December 12, 2011

By Now I Must Have an Honourary Doctorate in Procrastination

It's exam time!!!!!!!

You know what that means? My apartment is clean and I have done just about everything I can in order to not study (now that I am posting a blog I will have done everything). It seems to me that every time I need to be doing something with even the slightest amount of importance (like studying) I find something else infinitely more interesting to be doing. The opposite can be said for when I have nothing to do and I couldn't be bothered to change the channel on the t.v because the remote is too far away and let's face it if I sit here long enough something worth watching should come on ...right? Also, Exam time is when I am most likely to be surprised by an attack nap and I have been attacked countless times recently. *Picks up a book to start studying, eyes get heavy, reads same paragraph five times, wakes up two hours later with no idea what happened* Attack Naps they will throw you for a loop and just when you finally planned on being productive.

This past semester had some pretty good times in it. I was part of breakout productions, a new production team we started this year in our English 4401 course (producing the play) We started with a script of Tom Stoppard's "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" and we ended with a five show run and a great feeling of pride that we had accomplished so much in such a short time. The show was a success and people stopped me in class and in the halls telling me how much they loved it. The English 3350 class had their acting finals a week after our show started and they asked me to emcee the show. I had previously emceed our directing class' final scenes and some people in the class suggested me to present their scenes which made me feel pretty special. I have one course left for my Diploma program and that is Producing the Documentary which is said to be the hardest of all the diploma courses because of its massive amount of group work. I am not looking forward to it all that much but it needs to be done.

Other happenings since I last blogged back in September:

I rented a car and drove across the island to see my sister who was visiting her husband who was working on the West Coast and was spending a weekend with my nan. I got to meet two nieces that I hadn't seen in person before and got to see my nephew again. It was a very short trip but I spent some quality time with a bunch of family who all happened to be visiting at the same time. I put on my big boy pants and drove across the island and back by myself and I only seen one moose but he was chilling out nowhere near the road so it was best kind.

I survived another year on the earth since I popped out of the womb. I turned 26 on December 3rd and threw a pretty good bash at our apartment. It was a sweater themed party and a bunch of my friends new and old showed up for it. The downstairs neighbours decided that at 11:05 it was time to call our elderly landlord's house and complain without having made us aware of their discontent and despite the fact that they shut off their obscenely loud music in order to call. Gerard handled the call like a boss and the party continued full swing until twenty after four in the morning when the last of the people made their way to a cab and home. In the interest of being a good host I supplied food and some shots and because I had each dip labeled and the food set out nicely a few people commented that Amki had flown back and set up the party. Of course had Amki been here there would have been fresh flowers and much better food but the sentiment was there.

I am sure that there has been more noteworthy occurrences since I last blogged but I can't seem to recall them at this time. That's enough for now anyways and perhaps I will blog more often (most likely not I just say this to make myself feel better). I am going to have to study for a bit now as my next exam is in ten hours and I am not quite as prepared as I could be for it (but then again I never am)

Later Days
Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment