Saturday, April 2, 2011

Because I promised Lenore

They say time goes faster as you get older and I never believed that before, until now because it is April already. I guess I owe this blurring of the sands of time to my schedule which is decidedly more hectic than it needs to be.

Did you know I am directing a one act play right now? It's part of my required course material for school. I am enrolled in the Diploma Program in Performance and Communications Media at MUN which I am doing concurrently with my English degree. The program takes a hands on approach to teaching us about theatre, television and video production and despite the fact that it is a time consuming beast, I love it. The play is called Afterglow and is written by Canadian playwright Peter Boychuk it is about two teens who are hiking in the woods in the Yukon looking for meteorite. There are some underlying feelings that come rushing to the surface and the play is both comedic and dramatic. This is my second time directing a scene and if you are in my city and you want to come see it (Sarah Smmm consider this your invite) come to the Reid Theatre on April 5th (Tuesday) for 7:00 p.m.

Last weekend I went to a wedding because I enjoy a good wedding every now and then. This one in particular has a fairly hilarious story of how I ended up being invited. Take the time back to December 2010, just a few months ago, I was at a Christmas party and that's where I met Sarah King. It was that party where I found out that Sarah ( a friend of a friend) was getting married. I jokingly asked her if I could be in the wedding party, she quickly declined that and denied me an invitation as well. Not taking no for an answer I suggested I could be somebody's plus one but again all places were taken and finalized. It became a running joke every time I saw Sarah that I was coming to her wedding, invited or not. When Sarah would introduce me to her friends or coworkers I would introduce myself and ask "are you going to Sarah's wedding? because I am" this got her into a bit of trouble with some people apparently because no, they were not invited. When the wedding came nearerI accepted the fact that I was probably not going to be able to go, Until, Caitlin messaged me and said that a few places had opened up the night before the wedding and Susan and I were going to fill two of those places. I got all dressed up and headed to the wedding on the big day and as soon as I got there I walked up to Sarah and said "I hate to say I told you so but I told you so". Anyways the wedding was a great time the food was delicious the band played some lively dance tunes and they wasted the good confetti on me. Sarah and I were dancing to this song and they blasted us with confetti for the photographers and unfortunately they only had one blast of confetti so when Brandon (her newlywed husband) cut in they had to scrape the confetti from the floor and reuse it. I kind of felt like Adam Sandler in the movie Big Daddy when they wasted the good surprise on him.

Also in upcoming news:

SUMMER!!!

In upcoming news that is happening sooner, my house is going to be invaded with vikings or if you prefer the politically correct term the Swedish relatives of my roommate. Her brother, his fiance and her best friend are finishing up a round the world tour by visiting us for a few weeks.They don't know yet that very soon after they get here we plan on celebrating the end of this grueling semester with a friendly game of this little gem that I found on the good ol internet. I hope the Swedes enjoy the taste of India pale ale as much as the rest of us do.

I leave you now to go watch Horton Hears a Who because I have yet to see it and I caught the first 15 minutes or so the other day between classes and it is something i feel the need to complete (unlike my homework) also it is late and I have a group meeting tomorrow morning at 10 am (oh group meetings how I loath and despise thee)

Later Days

2 comments:

  1. Ah, my love for you is overwhelming. I wish I could have been there to have seen that confetti moment, haha.

    Sooo. I have my BIG final paper due Wednesday. The day after your play. But I'm going to work so hard now to finish it before then. I WILL NOT MISS THIS ONE TOO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish so much I could come to see your play! I am going to have to get someone to give me reviews after they go see. Thank you for the blog! Love you muffin.

    P.S. The wedding story is awesome. Making yourself invited SO sounds like something you'd do. These are the reasons you are awesome. (And why you should blog more because it makes me pleased <3)

    ReplyDelete