Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Oh Finals! and Wine!

So, it's final exam time again and my house is sure showing the signs: for one it is spotless because the swedes and I spent a part of the day cleaning it, also all of my video games have been taken out of the hibernation period that was this semester ( I spent hours today playing a game that I don't even like that much) and finally my textbooks are neatly stacked where they were when I cleaned my room last. In case you haven't guessed I am a hardcore procrastinator, it is literally flowing in my blood. I have two finals this semester, a pay off for having so much work during the semester. My first is Gothic Literature on Wednesday and Economic Geography on the 19th. I am sure I will find some time tomorrow to study for Gothic I mean there is only so much Nintendo thumb a guy can stand before he has to go to the health sciences.

I mentioned the swedes up there ^, my roommates family and friends are visiting from Sweden and we have a very full house. I really don't mind it though, well except the other day, I had just gotten the shampoo in my hair when the hot water gave up and the torrent of icy cold that was left over was less than desirable.It's nice to have 3 new roommates for a short while because I have someone to play video games with. They have some interesting stories and anecdotes to share and the look of surprise they gave me when at 1:30 the other night when I made a giant cup of tea and said I was off to start a paper was priceless. Tonight at dinner I got to try a new wine (they brought it with them from Niagara Falls), it's called ice wine and they pick the grapes by hand during the night when it is like -15 and it takes a lot more grapes to make a bottle of wine because there is very little liquid in the grapes. It was good but it is a dessert wine and for good reasons, on  the wine sweetness scale it is a 17! ( a regular wine is usually 1-4 and honey is 30) I love sweet things but this wine was a little much even for me.

Speaking of wine the other night I went to a friends house after work. She was having a party with a prom theme (there are so many prom themed parties everywhere lately) I didn't dress up but that's okay because I was dressed as the kid that was too cool to go to prom. I wasn't planning on drinking because I had been the last few days ( don't judge me, classes are out) but it seems like the nights that you don't plan on drinking at a party just never seem to work out. I was given a bottle of homemade wine which disappeared over the evening and before I knew it we were sitting around her living room playing drinking games and singing Disney songs until the neighbours came over and complained.

In my last post I mentioned the one act play I was directing. We had our classes final scenes a week ago and they were all pretty amazing. It was kind of inspiring to have seen some of the rehearsal processes and how each director worked and then to see the final product on stage. In addition to the play I directed, I also acted in a scene as well as co-emceed the evening with my classmate Ryan Dillon. I was thoroughly impressed with the results of the evening and received compliments from strangers on how well of a job I did, it made me feel really Stellar.

Now that summer is almost here you can probably expect a few more blogs because i have the free time to write them on the other hand, I need to find some form of employment that will give me full time hours because if I don't I will be camping permanently : )

Sarah Smmm, I owe you a coffee and coloring date, name the time (coffee and company is the place, it's tradition) and I can most likely be there (we can call it a study break if you like)

2 comments:

  1. You do owe me a coffee and colouring date! I have been patiently waiting for this all semester!

    I'm good any time after Thursday at 9:30pm. So maybe sometime this weekend if you'd like? You can pick a more specific time, yous the one with the work sched!

    I'm so sad I missed your play AGAIN. It will forever haunt me. :( Maybe Amki wouldn't mind reenacting it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww you found a coffee and coloring date replacement for me! And it's Sarah Smith! I am so jealous of both of you, I miss you tons and tons. Color pretty pictures and blog them so I can see!!!

    Glad your play went well wish I could have been there. <3 Also glad most of your stress is over, you deserve a break for sure.

    Loves me some icewine mmmmm.

    Haha I miss you muffin.

    ReplyDelete