Monday, April 18, 2011

The day looked bright, and then...

This morning I woke up and made a stealth run into the kitchen where I tossed on some Hey Rosetta tunes and started making breakfast. I was trying not to wake anyone up but it took a lot longer than I expected and the result was 6 hungry people waiting as the tantalizing smell of waffles wafted from the kitchen.


With a  table full of toppings for the waffles including berries, apples,bananas, sugars, syrups and of course whipped cream (not pictured) it was a test of will not to dig in right away, waffles or not.






The end result was a table full of happy roommates and the disappearance of many delicious waffles. There wasn't much talk at the breakfast table but the silence was a sign of their appreciation I am sure. It also left more room for the soulful crooning of Tim Baker and the rest of Hey Rosetta to softly brighten my morning. What a great start to the day!


On an Un-waffle-related note I received my final mark for the one act play I directed for my directing class, as well as my final mark in the course overall. I must say I was thoroughly appreciative, as the mark fully reflected all the time and hard work I put into the course throughout the semester. The comments on the scene also gave me a good chuckle because as I was reading them i couldn't help but imitate the very distinct vocal patterns of my prof.



 The day was looking extremely bright until I remembered that I have been putting off studying for my Economic Geography exam that is tomorrow morning. I really need to kick this procrastinating habit because my entire day (outside of waffles and this blog post of course) was and will be devoted to cramming as much of the course material as I can before tomorrow morning's 9 am exam.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I definitely should have showed up for waffles this morning. Those look fucking fantastic. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I need to make waffles soon, after reading this.

    And "Yay!" for play mark awesomeness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeez I've been busy didn't even see this post! : O
    Your waffle literally looks perfect. Dare say the roomies were much appreciative! Such a cute little family breakfast together! (And you know how I love my little family meals)

    Miss you muffin (waffle?) can't wait for your letter!

    ReplyDelete