Monday, April 18, 2011

Words Words Words

This week has been ACTION PACKED!!

Monday and Tuesday were kind of boring, I re-read some novels to refresh them in my mind for my Gothic Literature exam.

Wednesday saw me writing my Gothic exam that was aforementioned up there ^ I think I did all right, it was two and a half hours of solid writing. After my Exam the Swedes, Gerard and I went to The Rooms, the usual things were there but we were all sorely disappointed that the giant squid was on holidays because his tank was going under maintenance and cleaning. They had an exhibit in the art Gallery on Goya which was kind of neat, he seems like he was a very dark person but his art was nice and some of the images were shown in my courses this semester. Also in the gallery there was a theremin. I tried to play it but it wouldn't work for me, everyone else was playing it but when I put my hands near it, it stopped. I attempted again before we left and found out that I have to hold my hands further away then everyone else did. I think it is just because my Awesomeness overloaded the theremin.The rooms was a time.

Thursday was wasted, I spent almost the entire day playing Nintendo with Daniel and Gerard I woke up Friday morning with a hardcore case of Nintendo Thumb on both thumbs, it was Brutal.

Friday morning found us all awake early (some of us with less choice then others) we went on a hike from our house to Signal Hill, up to the top, all around the top, took the trail that went down and around the cliff side and ended up back where we started downtown. We had some great weather and I made some wicked trail mix.When we got back downtown we went to the Bagel Cafe for a second breakfast. I had just enough time when we got home to get ready for work. After work I went to Sierra's house and met up with everyone who was there. I got some awesome vegetarian chili and got in on some fun games of headbands.

Saturday was devoted to working at the juice mines  :(

Today was also devoted to the juice mines for the most part. I worked with Levi for his last shift and it was a great time until we got the idea to try to eat a tablespoon of Matcha green tea powder. If you haven't tried to eat a tbsp full of it before, trust me you Don't want to. It turned to a super sticky paste in my mouth and stuck everywhere, my teeth were green for twenty minutes at least. After work Sarah Smmm picked me up and we went to Coffee and Company for a Coffee and Coloring date. As usual it was a stellar time there was amazing service, fantastic music, some great grumbling chats as well as some future talks and we colored our hearts out until closing time. We left feeling a lot better (at least I did) and I gave the staff a picture I colored. It was my contribution to the second Grow project in which the prompt was to grow a friendship.

I just took a break from writing to read the second chapter of American Gods by Neil Gaiman to Amki's brother Daniel. I read the first chapter last night and remembered just how great of a book it is. Daniel enjoys it because he loves being read to as much as I enjoy reading to people and one of the main characters is Odin (A god from Norse mythology). If you haven't read it or you don't know who Neil Gaiman is, I highly recommend reading any of his novels or his children's stories.

2 comments:

  1. The Rooms (GOYA! love him), coloring coffee dates and bedtime stories, you're killing me here, I'm coming home to you.

    Hahaha I wish. : ( But sounds like you have been super busy! <3 American Gods loved that book.

    Also love that you gave away something you colored for our grow project. : D Awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was driving to pick you up I was actually worried I was going to sabotage our date because I was in such a foul mood. And then when I was driving home I was smiling and giggling to myself and like a jolt it occurred to me that I was happy.

    It was a very simple evening, but those are the ones I am exceptionally grateful for. ♥

    P.S. Let's do it again sometime relatively soon!

    ReplyDelete